Panagiotis Liargovas (1963-) holds the senior academic rank of full professor in Macroeconomics in the Department of Economics in one of Greece’s younger higher education institutions: the University of Peloponnese. Professor Liargovas specializes on International and European Economics, Monetary Economics, Regional Economics and Economic Development and Policy. His research agenda is highly interdisciplinary, combining economics, banking and finance, social issues and management and focuses mainly on two regions: European Union and Southeast Europe (including Greece). His specialization on these issues and regions is manifested in several peer-reviewed publications (books, articles, research reports and conference papers) but also in extensive and continuous teaching.
Prof. Liargovas has taught in three universities outside his country of residence (Clark University [19887-91], Bologna University [every summer since 1995] and University of Sarajevo [2008,2009]) as well as in six Greek universities (Athens, Patras, Thessaly, Peloponnese, Crete, Macedonia) and one professional school (National School of Public Administration [1993-2004]). His courses at both the undergraduate and post-graduate level have covered a large number of different sub-disciplines: from Macroeconomics to Public Economics and from International Economics to Southeast European Development.
Prof. Liargovas has a long record of advising governmental institutions on public policy. He has served as economic advisor to the Greek Ministry of Finance, the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Municipality of Athens in many occasions. In particular, he has played a significant role in shaping the National Strategic Reference Framework for the period 2007-13 as a special advisor to the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Professor Liargovas has been the Scientific Co-coordinator in 11 research projects financed by the European Commission or by the OECD and/or by the Government of Greece. He was the Principal Investigator of the study “Job Requirements approach” that examined the quality of the professional skills in the Greek labour market. Moreover, the study that was commissioned by the OECD made a thorough investigation of professional skills in a number of OECD countries. Through all these aforementioned research programs, Prof. Liargovas has further developed his leadership and coordination as well as field research skills. Furthermore, based on the fact that most research projects involved interdisciplinary research issues, Professor Liargovas’ research profile encloses the enhanced ability to collaborate with researchers of other disciplines and work constructively towards interdisciplinary ends.
Prof. Liargovas has also served as an Evaluator of scientific proposals for D.G. XIII, Science, Research and Development for the programmes TSER, Improving the Socio-economic base, Life Sciences: Cell Factory Key Action and Decartes, with a total number of 12 contracts. He is a reviewer to a number of international academic journals, such as Journal of Small Business Management, Journal of Economic Issues, Journal of International Marketing, Review of International Economics, Small Business Economics, Regional Studies, Journal of Economic Integration, Journal of Southeast European and Black Sea Studies, Annals of Regional Science, Open Economies Review, Journal of South-Eastern European Studies, Portuguese Economic Review, Economics of knowledge, Journal of Economics and Finance.
Furthermore, Professor Liargovas has significant administrative experience. For the last five years he is the Chair of the Department of Economics and the Director of two post-graduate programs, in “Economic Analysis” and “Public Management”, respectively. He is currently Member of the Board of Directors of the “European Regional Master’s Degree in Democracy and Human Rights in South-East Europe” (participating ten European Universities), Member of the Governing Board of the Department of Regional Economic Development at the University of Central Greece as well as Member of Europe and the Balkans International Network. In 2011, he was the President of European Community Study Association (ECSA) in Greece. His administrative experience is also enriched by his previous posts in a number of organizations during the last five years: member of the Governing Board of the State Scholarships Foundation, member of the National Council of Regional Planning and Sustainable Development, vice-President of the Research Committee of the Hellenic Open University, member of the Academic Board of the Hellenic Open University, member of the Governing Board of the Hellenic Centre for European Studies, member of the Educational Council of the Diplomatic Academy of Greece and Director of the National School of Public Administration.
Professor Liargovas has presented academic papers at international conferences and has delivered keynote addresses and lectures on a wide range of issues, policies and programs to international audiences. He was President of the Organizing Committee of the 1st International Workshop on Economics and Finance, University of Peloponnese, Department of Economics, June 16-17 2007, Tripolis and Partner (co-organizer) of the 2nd International Conference of the Global Network of Government Innovators, Boston, Ash Institute for Democratic Governance and Innovation, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, March, 31– April, 2 2008.
Prof. Liargovas has received academic awards and honors. He has been a Fulbright Scholar (1991), a Bakalas Foundation Scholar: 1988-1991 and a Teaching Assistant Scholar (Clark University) 1987-1991. In 1987 he was trainee (Stagiaire) at the Commission of the European Community, D.G 22 Coordination and Structural Instruments, unit 1, Integrated Mediterranean Programs.
Professor Liargovas is very active in community work. He writes regularly in the daily press, gives public lectures and appears on radio broadcasts and TV programs. For three consecutive years he was writer in the daily economics newspaper KERDOS. Within the last 20 years he has written more than 200 short articles in newspapers, periodicals and specialized websites on issues of political economy and development.
Professor Liargovas is member of the editorial board of the “Encyclopaedia of Quality of Life Research”, Springer Science since 2009 and has acted as an academic supervisor for several PhD and Post-Doctoral students.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
International Refereed Journals
- “Motivations of migrant entrepreneurship in Greece: A Factor Analysis Approach” (with K.Skandalis), Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, Vol. 19, 4, pp. 627-639.
- “The Impact of adoption and circulation of Euro on the Performance of Greek Banking Sector” (with. Sp. Repousis). International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, Issue 84, 159-166, 2012.
- “Merging activity in Greek Banking Sector: measuring employees’ performance and implementing Transformative Learning” International Journal on Integrated Information Management, (with Sp. Repousis)forthcoming 2012.
- “The impact of leverage and other key variables on business performance: evidence from Greece” (with K. Skandalis) International Journal of Economics & Business Research DOI: 10.1504/IJEBR.2012.047423 ,Vol.4, No.4 pp.472 – 484, 2012.
- “Foreign Direct Investment and International Openness: the case of developing economies”, (with K. Skandalis), Social Indicators Research, DOI: 10.1007/s11205-011-9806-9Online First™, Volume 106, Number 2, 323-331, 2012
- “Underground Banking or Hawala and Greece – Albania Remittance Corridor” (with Sp. Repousis), Journal of Money Laundering Control, Volume: 14 Issue: 4, pp. 313 – 323, 2011.
- “Capital Allocation in the Greek regions” (with E. Daskalopoulou), Journal of Policy Modeling , Volume 33, Issue 6, November-December 2011, pp. 866-888.
- “The impact of mergers and acquisitions on the performance of Greek Banking Sector” (with. Sp. Repousis), International Journal of Economics and Finance, Vol. 3, No.2, May, pp. 89-100, 2011.
- “The Impact of Terrorism on Greek Banks’ Stocks: An Event Study” (with. Sp. Repousis). International Research Journal of Finance and Economics issue 51, pp. 88-96, 2010.
- “Factors Affecting Firms’ Performance: The Case of Greece” (with K. Skandalis) Global Business and Management Research: An International Journal, VOL. 2, Nο.2 & 3, pp. 184-197, 2010.
- “Regional determinants of manufacturing start-ups in Greece: evidence on the effect of agglomeration economies” (with E. Daskalopoulou). Applied Economics Letters (Volume 17, Issue 18, 2010, 1841 – 1844.
- 12. The impact of leverage and other key variables on business performance: evidence from Greece” (with K. Skandalis) International Journal of Economics & Business Research (forthcoming 2010).
- “A comparative study of business incubators and technoparks in the EU” (with E. Daskalopoulou and A. Petrou). International Journal of Innovation and Regional Development Vol. 2, No. 3, 2010, pp. 198-220.
- “Firm’s management competence: Does it matter?” (with K. Skandalis and Anna Merika). International Journal of Business and Economics , vol. 7, no. 2, 2008.
- “Entrepreneurship and the spatial context: evidence on the location of firm births in Greece” (with I. Daskalopoulou). Review of Urban and Regional Development Studies, vol.20,no.3, 2008, 179-193.
- “Socioeconomic indicators for analyzing Convergence: the case of Greece: 1960-2004.” (with G. Fotopoulos). Social Indicators Research,, vol. 93, no. 2, (2009) pp. 315-330
- “Motives and marketing strategy: Greek companies exporting to South-East European markets” (with K. Skandalis). South-Εastern Europe Journal of Economics 2, (2008), 227-244.
- “Export motivations and barriers: A case study Greek exporting firms to four South-Eastern European Countries” (with K. Skandalis). Global Business and Economics Review Volume 10 – Issue 4 – 2008, 430 – 448.
- “Migration, Human Rights, Security and other Implications: Contemporary Greece” (with Konstantinos S. Skandalis & Constantine P. Danopoulos) Journal of the Hellenic Diaspora Vol 34, No. 1 &2 (2008).
- “Motivations and barriers of export performance: Greek exports to the Balkans” (with K. Skandalis) Journal of Southern Europe and the Balkans Vol.10 No.3, 2008, pp.377-392.
- Regional and sectoral location patterns of new firms: the case of Greece (with Ir. Daskalopoulou) Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies (2008) Vol. 8.2.
- “Currency crises in transition economies: some further evidence” (with D. Dapontas). Journal of Economic Issues Vol. XLII No. 4 December 2008, 1083-1099.
- “An Assessment of the Community Support Framework (CSF) funding towards the tourist sector: the case of Greece” (with D. Giannias and Chr. Konstandopoulos). Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies (2007) Vol.7.1, 47-66.
- “Do Conservative Governments make a difference in Fiscal Policy? Evidence from the US and the UK”, Journal of Economic Issues, 2007, vol. 41, no. 3 pp. 863-872 (with G.Manolas).
- “Regional Disparities as Barriers to the Transition to a Market Economy: The Russian Experience “, Journal of Developing Areas , – Vol. 38, Number 2, Spring 2005, pp. 55-70, (with D.Giannias and Cheprunko Alexandrovich).
- “Income and environmental indices in Central and Eastern Europe and Greece” International Review of Economics and Business, 2004, Vol. LI, No. 3, pp. 447-464, September (with D.Giannias and G.Giannias).
- “Economic Policy in Greece, 1974-2000: Nationalization, State’s Intervention or Market Forces?” Entreprises et Histoire, 2004, No 37, pp. 120-134 (with V. Patronis).
- “Exchange Rate Intervention, Market Efficiency and Asset Market Return: The Greek Experience” Ekonomia , 2004, Vol.7, No.1. Summer (with D.Chionis).
- “Regional vs Environmental Policies for a Balanced Economic Development: The Case of the Former Soviet Union”, Journal of Southeast European and Black Sea Studies 2004, Vol.4, No. 3, pp. 419-433 (with Giannias D. and Fotopoulos G.).
- “Economic Growth and the Environment: the EU case” Journal of Developing Areas 2003, Vol 37, number 2, pp. 1-11 (with Cheprunko Alexandrovich.and Giannias D.).
- “Currency crises in transition economies” Acta Oeconomica , 2003, Vol. 53 (2) pp175-194 (with D.Chionis).
- “High inflation episodes in transition economies: An Empirical Analysis” Current Politics and Economics of Europe, 2003, Vol. 12, Number 1, pp.21-31. It has been reprinted in Central and Eastern Europe in Transition, Frank Columbus (editor), pp. 67-78, Nova Science Publishers, New York (with D. Chionis and G. Giannias).
- “Firm and household mobility in the presence of variations in regional characteristics” The Annals of Regional Science , 2002, Vol. 36, No.4, pp.299-313 (with Giannias D.).
- “Barriers to the transition of enterprises from central plan to marklet economy: The Balkan case” Journal of Southern Europe and the Balkans, Volume 4, number 2, pp. 191-205 (with Chionis D).
- “Greece’s Trade with the Balkan Countries: Is it Too Little?” Journal of Economic Integration, (2002),Vol 17, No.3 (with D.Chionis and G.Zanias).
- “South-East Europe in Transition: Problems and Prospects” Current Politics and Economics of Russia, Eastern and Central Europe, Vol. 17, number 2, pp. 143-161. Έχει επίσης ανατυπωθεί στο Chapter 1, pp. 1-19, in Frank Clumbus (Editor) Central and Eastern Europe in Transition, Vol. 6, Nova Science Publishers, New York, 2002.
- “An empirical investigation of Greek-Balkan bilateral trade”, Eastern European Economics, 2002, 40 (5): 6-32 SEP-OCT (with Chionis D.).
- “An Assessment of the European Union Policy towards the New Independent States” The European Union Review, 2001, Vol.6, No.1-2, pp. 153-168 (with Giannias D, and D. Chionis).
- “Economic integration between the European Union (EU) and the Transition Economies of Central European Initiative (CEI) Countries” Post-Communist Economies, 2001, Vol. 13, no 1, March (with Chionis D.).
- “Prices and Exchange Rates under Hyperinflation: the Bulgarian Experience” International Review of Economics and Business, 2001, vol. 48, (2), June, 271-284 (with D.Chionis).
- “A method for evaluating a region’s economic and environmental situation: the case of East Asian countries” Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy , 2001, Vol. 6 (1), February , pp. 61-75 (with Giannias D. and G. Manolas).
- “Conditional volatility measures of inflation uncertainty: evidence from the Greek experience”, Economic Analysis & Policy, 2000, Vol.30.No 2, September, pp.145-156 (with D.Chionis).
- “Foreign Direct Investment and Real Exchange Rate Interlinkages”, Open Economies Review , 2000, vol. 11, No.2, pp. 135-148 (with Kosteletou L).
- “An Analysis of Trade Relations between the European Union and the Economies of Central and Eastern Europe” Journal of Economic Integration, 1999, vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 651-664 (with Ch, Papazoglou).
- “An Assessment of Real Exchange Rate Movements in the Transition Economies of Central and Eastern Europe, Post-Communist Economies 1999, Vol. 11, no.2, 299-318.
- “Quality of Life Indices for Analyzing Convergence in the EU”, Regional Studies, 1999, Volume 33, Number 1, pp.27-35 (with Giannias D. and Manolas G).
- “The White Paper on Growth, Competitiveness and Employment and the Greek Small and Medium Sized Enterprises”, Small Business Economics, 1998, vol. 11, issue 3, November, pp.201-214.
- “Focusing Regional and Environmental policies in the EU through the Development of Environmental Quality Indices”, 1998, European Environment, Vol. 8, Number 3, May-June 1998, pp. 86-93 (with Giannias D).
- “An Assessment of Foreign Direct Investment Towards the BSEC Transition Economies” Economia Internazionale, 1997, Volume L, Number 3, August , pp. 475-487 (with Ch. Papazoglou).
- “The relationship between government budget deficits and interest rates in Greece” International Review of Economics and Business , 1997, Vol. 44 (1997), No. 4, 807-817 (with Ch. Papazoglou and G Manolas).
- “Sectoral Effects of Exchange Rate Uncertainty on Trade: The Greek Experience 1979-1989”, Greek Economic Review, 1993, Vol. 15, Number 2, December 1993, pp.45-64.
Greek Refereed Journals (in Greek)
- “Social integration and Economic policy during dictatorship in Greece, 1967-74: The Special role of Agricultural Sector”, Review of Political Science, Vol. 23, 2004, pp. 107-137 (with V. Patronis).
- “Convergence and Divergence in the quality of Life in Greece: 1960-2000” Aichoros, vol 1.2 2002 (with G. Photopoulos and D. Giannias).
- “Economic Development and Convergence in in Greece 1970-94. Alternative Methodological Approaches”, Aichoros, vol 1.1, pp. 60-91, 2002 (with G. Photopoulos and D. Giannias).
- “Development characteristics and Regional inequalities in Greece” TOPOS (with G.Manolas and D. Giannias), 15/1998, pp. 67-79.
- “Regional Inequalities in Greece, 1961-1991” TOPOS 13/1997, pp. 47-61 (with G. Manolas and D. Giannias).
in collective volumes – international publications
- “A New Methodological Approach of Job Requirement Assessment”, (with George M. Korres, George Tsobanoglou and Aikaterini Kokkinou) in G. Carayannis and G. M. Korres (eds) Socio-Economic Integration: Lessons & Prospects, Springer, London 2012.
- “Introduction” in Panagiotis Liargovas (Editor) Greece: Economic, Political and Social Issues¸, Nova Science Publishers, New York, 2011.
- “Is a “bad bank” solution for a possible future Greek banking crisis?” in Panagiotis Liargovas (Editor) Greece: Economic, Political and Social Issues, Nova Science Publishers, New York, 2011 (with Sp. Repousis).
- “Anti-money laundering and anti-fraud methods to detect and prevent occupational fraud in the Greek public sector” in Panagiotis Liargovas (Editor) Greece: Economic, Political and Social Issues, Nova Science Publishers, New York, 2011 (with Sp. Repousis).
- “Evaluating Environmental and Regional Policies in the European Union through the Use of Environmental Quality Indices” in Candace M. Baird ( Editor) Social Indicators Statistics Trends and Policy Development , Nova Science Publishers, New York, 2011 (with Panagiotis Evangelopoulos, Dimitrios Giannias, and Loukas Tsironis).
- “Entrepreneurship and Innovation: Evidence from the Development of Business Incubators” chapter 7, pp. 187-21, in Korres George (editor) Women Participation and Innovation Activities. Knowledge Based Economy, The Women Press, Dehli, India, 2009, (with Daskalopoulou Ir. And Petrou An.).
- “Regional Disparities and the Effects of Innovation Activities on regional Integration” pp. 199-226, in Korres George (editor) Regionalisation, Growth and Economic Integration, Physica-Verlag Heidelberg, September 2007 (with George Korres and Constantine Tsamadias).
- “Economic and Social Cohesion in the Enlarged Union” chapter 7 in Stefanou K (editor) Adjusting to EU Enlargement: Recurring Issues in a New Setting, , Northampton, MA: Edward Elgar, 2006.
- “PPP relationship and real exchange rates revised: the non-linear case” chapter 5 , pp. 65-79, in Albert Tavizde (editor) Progress in Economic Research, Volume 10, Nova Science Publishers, New York, 2005 (with D. Chionis).
- “The Economic Imperative: Prospects for Trade Integration and Business Cooperation” Chapter 7 in Mustafa Aydin and K. Ifantis (eds) Greek-Turkish Relations. Overcoming the Security Dilemma in the Aegean, Routledge, London and New York, 2004.
- “Greek-Turkish Economic Relations” chapter 2.6. pp. 133-148 in Gulay Gunluk-Senesen and Ch. Kollias (eds) Greece and Turkey in the 21st Century: Conflict or Cooperation? The Political Perspective, Nova Science Publishers, New York, 2003.
- “Regional Inequalities and Balanced Development in South-Eastern Europe”, in P. Liargovas and G. Petrakos (eds), Regional Development and Cross-border cooperation in South-eastern Europe, University of Thessaly Press, 2003, pp. 43-60 (with D.Giannias).
- “Regional Development and Cross-border cooperation in South-eastern Europe: An Introduction”, in P. Liargovas and G. Petrakos (eds), Regional Development and Cross-border cooperation in South-eastern Europe, University of Thessaly Press, 2003, pp. 1-10 (with G. Petrakos).
- “The Changing role of the Greek state in view of the European Monetary Union” in Contemporary Greece and Europe, A. Mitsos and E. Mosialos (eds), ASHGATE press, pp. 205-221, London, 2000.
- “Economic and Monetary Union and the Enlargement of the EU” in P. Liargovas (editor), The Enlargement of the European Union: Prospects and Problems, , ELIAMEP, 2000.
in collective volumes – Greek publications (in Greek)
- “Economic and Monetary Union and Greece” pp. 283-296 in I. Valinakis (ed) the Greek Foreign and European Policy 1990-2010, SIDERIS publ. Athens 2010.
- “The EU Budget, the cohesion policy and Greece” pp. 297-318 Valinakis (ed) the Greek Foreign and European Policy 1990-2010, SIDERIS publ. Athens 2010.
- “Arcadia: Economic and Social Life” in Arcadia, History, culture, people, Militos publications, Athens, 2010.
- “Economic Dimensions of Migration” in The Reform of Migration Policy, X. Kontiadis & Th. Papatheodorou (edit), pp. 189-202, Papazisis Publications, Athens 2007.
- “The Greek Economy after entering the EMU” in European Integration and Greece. Economy, Society, Policies, pp. 95-112, Dionikos publ., Athesn 2006.
- “Dilemmas in Economic policy: from Stabilization Programs (1985-87) and (1991-93) to Convergence Programs (1994-99)” in Social Change in Contemporary Greece (1980-2001), pp. 407-435, Sakis Karagiorgas Foundation, Athens 2004 (with Β. Patronis).
- “Economic Policy in Greece, 1974-2000: Nationalizations, state intervention or market economy?”, pp.165-182 in Economy and Politics in Contemporary Greece, Th. Sakelaropoulos (ed), Dionikos publ., Athens 2004.
- Liargovas P. and V. Patronis (2003) “Dilemmas in Economic Policy. Nationalizations and de-nationalizations in the Greek Economy” Volume in Honour of A. Lazaris, Univeristy of Pireaus.
- “The Turkish Economy and the prospects for Greek-Turkish Economic Cooperation” pp. 215-248, in P.Kazakos, P.Liargovas, N. Marias, Κ. Botsiou & Κ. Polychronaki (eds), Greece and The European Future of Turkey, , SIDERIS publ. 2001, Athens.
- “Economic and social cohesion: history and current challenges” pp. 111-124, in The European Union: current challenges A. Moschonas (edit), Exantas publ. Athens 2000.
- “The New International Political Economy” in Tsinisizelis M. & Ifantis K. (eds) Contemporary topics in international relations, SIDERIS publ., Athens 2000, pp123-156 (in Greek).
- “Making Europe Operational without Risking Fragmentation” (in English) pp. 139-142, in: What is the future for the European Union? The Maastricht Treaty Review, P. Kazakos, P.Liargovas and E. Phocas (eds.), Sideris publ. Athens, 1997.
- “Greece and the future financing of the EU in the prospect of its eastern enlargement” in: What future for the European Union? The Intergovernmental Conference of 1996, P.Liargovas and P. Kazakos (eds.), ELIAMEP, Athens, (in Greek).
- “The Economic Dimension of Euro-Mediterranean Cooperation” pp. 31-43, in The new prospects of Euro Mediterranean Cooperation, Research Papers, number 36, 1995, EKEM, Athens (in Greek).
- A Business Guide to overcome the economic crisis, Sakkoulas publications, Athens 2012 (with Sp. Repousis, in Greek).
- Debt, Borrowing and Default: Greek and International Experiences, Papazisis publ. Athens 2011 (with Sp. Repousis, in Greek).
- Entrepreneurship, Incubators and Economic Growth. An across countries empirical analysis, Nova Science Publishers, New York, (with Anastasia Petrou, and Daskalopoulou, Irene, 2010.
- Current Issues in Greek and International Economy, Stamoulis publ., Athens 2010 (in Greek).
- TheNewCohesionPolicyoftheEUandGreece, Hellenic Centre for European Studies (ΕΚΕΜ), Papzisis Puplications, Athens2007 (with G. Andreou, in Greek).
- Foreign Direct Investment and Competitiveness: The experience of Greece and other European countriesη, Papzisis Puplications, Athens2007 (in Greek)
- Greek-Turkish Economic Cooperation – Customs Union between EU and Turkey – Mediterranean Cooperation, Papazisis publications, Athens 1997, (in Greek).
- Economic Transformation and Regional Cooperation in Southeastern Europe (with P. Kazakos), Gnosi publ., Athens 1996, (in Greek).
- Exchange Rate Risk and Trade: The Case of Greece, Gutenberg publications, Athens, 1994. (in Greek).
- EconomicsofEuropeanIntegration, Stamoulis publ., Athens 2010 (with G Korres and A. Kotios in Greek).
- BusinessEconomics, Theory, Exercises, Applications, , Stamoulis publ, (with L. Korres), Athens 2009 (in Greek).
- IntroductiontoBanking. Α. Monetary and Economic Environment. Hellenic Banking Institute, Athens 2006 (with Galiatsos K.., Sahinidis Ph. and Tasiakos K, in Greek.).
- Tourist Economy, Pedagogical Institute, Athens 2003 (with D. Lagos, in Greek).
- Greece: Economics, Political and Social issues, P. Liargovas (editor), Nova Science Publishers, 2011, New York.
- Regional Development and Cross-border cooperation in South-eastern Europe, P. Liargovas and G. Petrakos (eds), University of Thessaly Press, 2002 (in English).
- Greece and the European Future of Turkey, P.Kazakos, P. Liargovas, N. Marias, K. Botsiou and K. Polychroniou, (eds) SIDERIS publications, July 2001, Athens (in Greek).
- The Enlargement of the European Union: Prospects and Problems, P. Liargovas (editor), ELIAMEP, Athens 2000 (in English).
- What future for the European Union? The Intergovernmental Conference of 1996, P.Liargovas and P. Kazakos (eds.), ELIAMEP, Athens, (English-Greek).
- Structural Problems of the Greek Industry within the framework of the White Book (with L. Tsipouri), Hellenic Center for European Studies, Athens, 1997, pp. 250 (in Greek).
- “Foreign Direct Investment and the Current Account in the European South”, working Paper No. 27, Hellenic Center for European Studies, Sept. 1993, Athens (in Greek).
- “Stabilization Programs: The experience of Greece and of other European Countries”, working Paper No. 12, Hellenic Center for European Studies, Dec. 1992, Athens (in Greek).